I've gotten a few signs lately that maybe I should start writing more here.
1) I randomly came across the book my husband made me for Christmas in 2006, the book that documented the inaugural year of Where's My Cape? I lovingly paged through that thing, remembering the words, the experiences, the screenshots, the images. (World's strongest man, anyone?) Oh, how the words just came tumbling out - what a creative fire hose. Good times.
2) I not-so-randomly (it was right next to the above book on the bookshelf) came across the book that I made of Girl's Versions for her to see one day. Seeing those little details of her development captured like that made me wistful of not doing the same for Boy and Boy2. I mean, time is passing right now, you know? Boy2's Version 24.0-ness needs to be captured ASAP because he is chock-full of goodness, what with the way he runs, how he tries to talk, and his voracious appetite. (His Native American name might be Crazy Legs Big Eyes Stuff Face.)
3) At an interdepartmental work meeting, someone I was just officially meeting told me that she used to read my personal blog, and for this reason, always felt a little bit stalkerish around me. "You mean, Where's My Cape?" I asked, almost forgetting that I used to have a pretty awesome following.
So, all of these events happened within a few days which was too much coincidence and clearly stepped over the Signs line. The Universe has spoken.
I have serious barriers that I face that I'm not sure I can overcome.
1) Downton Abbey. First of all, who never told me about Downton Abbey because I fully blame you for making me miss out all these years. I don't know what made me watch that first Season 1 episode a few weeks ago on my Kindle Fire (Best Christmas present ever in a line of awesome Christmas presents from Husband), but having done it basically has committed much of my free time to watching back episodes, sometimes forsaking sleep. I'm now on Season 3 episode 2, but I'm not in a good way. Meanwhile, I find myself making signature head/eye movements a la Lady Mary or Her Ladyship Cora and daydreaming all things Downton. At least it's temporary and I'll be done with the season soon enough but then there will be the post-Downton depression to deal with.
2) Three kids.
3) Taking major recertification exam in a couple of months. Writing that just gave me chest pain. Mental note: start preparing for major recertification exam.
4) Work commitments. Many self-inflicted. (Why? Just say no.)